Since our formation in 1969, Vulcan has built a reputation on supplying customers, what they need, when they need it. We supply many specials to customer design or will work with the customer and supply a specific solution to the problem.
We specialise in applications and materials, which are more demanding than “off the shelf” solutions. Why design your equipment around a “standard” product, when, for only a minor investment you can have something that truly meets your requirements.
Vulcan has proved on numerous occasions, the value of using a “bespoke” manufactured item, delivered in the quantities needed, when you require them.
It’s what Vulcan calls CONSTRUCTIVE REFRACTORY SOLUTIONS and goes further that just supplying a product. It helps customers to;
- Explore new product possibilities
- Reduce overall operating costs
- Improve plant availability
- Reduce inventory
- Maintain and improve margins
Materials we specialise in include;
- High alumina with purity to 99.5%
- Alumina silicate
- Silicon carbide bonded with mullite, oxide and silicon nitride.
- Zirconia and zircon based materials.
At Vulcan we have complete control of the process.
- Raw material procurement with full traceability.
- Blending and mixing.
- Tooling control.
- Production (pressing and casting)
- Drying and firing.
- Final inspection and despatch.
We are able to offer fast turn round of requirements, short lead times and full traceability, together with additional services such as X-raying and XRF analysis.
VULCAN – CONSTRUCTIVE REFRACTORY SOLUTIONS.